The Detention Division of the Sheriff's Office operates the county jail facility. The men and women serving in the Detention Division are responsible for the security of the facility and guarding inmates housed at the Rogers County Jail.
The detention officers are charged with preventing escapes and operating the jail in a manner compliant with the many rules and regulations required by state and federal law. The detention officers work in a difficult and often dangerous environment and have a tremendous amount of responsibility in the day-to-day operations. The detention officers are responsible for the custody, welfare, services and programs of the inmate population and provide for the security of the general public.
Basic Jail information and Policies
- Address is 201 S Cherokee, Claremore OK 74017, address the letter to the inmate as if you were mailing the letter to the inmate’s home. You may send 3 appropriate photos to the inmate inside the letter. You may not send newspaper clippings or other items in the letter. The letter must have a complete return address including name or the letter will be returned. We will not accept any mail dropped off at the office or any mail that is not sent through the mail system.
- Commissary is only ordered on Tuesday mornings, the money for their commissary “books” is deposited into the black kiosk in the lobby. The machine accepts cash (does not take 1’s) and credit/debit cards. The money must be deposited by NO LATER than Tuesday at 8:00 AM, in order for the money to be available for that weeks order. All commissary orders are NON-REFUNDABLE. If the inmate orders commissary and gets out before it is received he/she CANNOT get a refund. They will be able to pick up the commissary items at the jail. The inmates are notified of their account balances on Monday evenings.
- Commissary funds are only released to the inmate ONLY. We DO NOT release the inmate’s funds to anyone else for any reason! Once the inmate is release he/she will be responsible for coming into the front office and receiving a check for the balance. If the inmate is transferred out to another facility the money follows them to that new facility.
- Phone cards are sold in increments of $10 (10, 20, 30, 40, etc…). You may purchase them at the front counter in the lobby Monday-Friday 8:00 am-12:00pm and 1:00-5:00. They are handed out to the inmates each day around 6:00pm. The cost of the calls is $3.65 per phone call up to 15 minutes per call. That is an automatic connection fee, so if the inmate stays on the line long enough to reach a voicemail the $3.65 is automatically charged. Any monetary balance left on the card can be rolled over to the next phone card purchased. So a $10 phone card will get you 2 phone calls with a left over balance of $2.70 that rolls over onto the next card, and a $20 phone card will give you 5 phone calls with a left over balance of $1.75. The phone cards are NON-REFUNDABLE, and can only be used on the inmate phone system, so if the inmate is released before the card is used he/she can either give it to another inmate or take it with him/her.
- You may not bring any item in for the inmate. They receive their basic hygiene packet when they are booked in. The only exceptions to this rule are: Medications, denture paste, contacts and solution, and items for trustees. All items must be clearly marked with the inmate’s name and all items must be dropped off at the Night Bail Bonds Door.
- Medication must have a prescription label with the inmates name or prior approval from the RC Jail medical staff for medication not prescribed.
- Trustee items: you will be notified if your inmate is assigned to a trustee and they will be able to tell you what they need.
- Books/Bibles are NO longer accepted at the jail. The only books/bibles that are accepted must be shipped by the publisher/bookstore directly to the inmate at the jail.
- Visitation is every other weekend as scheduled by the jail. The visitation schedule is posted in the display case in the door way to the building. You must arrive no later than 30 minutes before the end of the scheduled visitation to be added to the list. The inmate is allowed only 1 visit per visitation, so if there is more than one person you must all come at the same time. Any visitor driving 100 miles or more will be allowed a visit during business hours. All visitors must have Valid ID, and follow all rules for visitation. Any violation will result in the termination of that visit and may result is visitation loss for the inmate indefinitely. Special arrangements can be made for a family death or medical emergency.
- We do not take any notes or messages for the inmates at the front counter.
- Court information is available through the court clerk’s office at the court house. All court is held at the courthouse, we no longer hold court in our building, and this includes video court. When a subject is booked into jail on a new charge the paperwork goes over to the courthouse and awaits a judge to set the bond amounts. Most of the time we do not get this information until approximately 4:00pm.
- Bonds: if you are paying a cash bond you will need to pay that at the Night Bailbonds Door on the north-west corner of the building (north side of the big garage). The Night bail bonds door is also where you will meet a bondsman if you have hired one to bond the inmate out.
A full medical staff is employed by the Rogers County Jail. Off-Site doctors are available to inmates housed at the Rogers County Jail. Payment for pre-existing conditions is the responsibility of the inmate.
Prescribed medications can be brought to the jail but limitations do apply. The jail will not accept most schedule I narcotics. Other limitations apply. Call 918-342-9797 for more information.
Inmate mail must be addressed to:
c/o Rogers County Jail
201 South Cherokee
Claremore, OK 74017
All inmate mail (with some exception to legal mail protected by the attorney/client privilege) is subject to search. Contraband items will be confiscated and criminal charges may be filed for attempting to introduce contraband items into the jail.
Inmates may send unlimited mail but stamps must be purchased by the inmate through the commissary.
Inmates are permitted free-of-charge telephone use under limited circumstances to include Booking and Status Changes.
Collect-Call telephones are available to inmates.
All inmate telephone communications are subject to monitoring and recording.
The Collect-Call telephone system in use by the Rogers County Jail affords the called number the ability to refuse calls and block calls from being received. Threatening or harassing phone calls should be reported immediately to the jail.
Rogers County Jail 918-342-9797
(ALL VISITORS MUST BE ON PRE-APPROVED VISITATION LIST)
VISITORS MUST SIGN IN BY 9:30 FOR MORNING SESSIONS AND 2:30 FOR AFTERNOON SESSIONS
The visitation schedule is as follows but is subject to change without notice:
Visitation for K & M Pods will be held on Saturdays from 8AM to 10AM
Visitation for H, L, & N Pods will be held on Saturdays from 1PM to 3PM
Visitation for J, E, & Booking Pods will be held on Sundays from 8am to 10am
Visitation for F & G Pods will be held on Sundays from 1pm to 3pm
VISITATION BE WE HELD ON THE FOLLOWING WEEKENDS YEAR 2013:
July 27th & 28th
August 10th and 11th
August 24th and 25th
September 7th and 8th
September 21st and 22nd
October 5th and 6th
October 19th and 20th
November 2nd and 3rd
November 16th and 17th
November 30th and December 1st
December 14th and 15th
December 28th and 29th
All visits are limited to 15 minutes.
Visitors are required to obey all commands by jail staff. Failure to comply with jail staff will result in refusal of the visit and in some cases can result in criminal charges.
All visitors are subject to search and warrant checks. Visitors attempting to bring contraband into the jail may be arrested and charged.
Visitors must be listed on the inmate's visitation form, which is completed by the inmate.
Weapons of any kind, telephones, cameras, bags, purses, etc. are not allowed in the visitation area.
Visitors traveling over 100 miles are permitted special visitation with inmates depending upon staff availability and conditions at the jail. Special visits are limited to 15 minutes and are only allowed between 8AM to 11AM and 1PM to 5PM on weekdays. Proof of eligibility may be required and all visitors are subject to the rules of visitation.
All inmate property is stored at the county jail and inmates are not permitted to access their property while incarcerated. Inmates may release property by completing a release form.
Property may be retrieved at the Night Bail Bond desk at the jail and only if the inmate signs a release of the property or by Court order.
No property can be brought to the jail for inmates.
The Rogers County Jail operates a commissary for inmates. Inmates may make purchases through the commissary.
To add funds to an inmate's account visit the kiosk available 24 hours a day in the lobby of the Rogers County Jail at 201 S. Cherokee in Claremore.
You may also add funds to the inmates account by going to www.inmatedeposits.com or calling 1-866-345-1884.